Thursday, June 10, 2004

jreyn@charter.net sends me this hilarious email, entitled "More Liberal Lies":



I read the piece on financial aid during the Reagan years, and I had to laugh. I was a freshman in college in 1979 and took out many student

loans. Most of the loans I received were at 5 or 9% interest at a time when the prime rate was approximately 17% thanks to Jimmy Carter.

They also were paid back ahead of schedule. I never had a problem or was denied any of these loans.

Why do you make up things that are obviously untrue? Keep up the good work, you are a walking talking billboard for the re-election of George Bush!!

Thank you.

JR




The Reagan education budget cuts went into effect on October 1, 1981. They hit schools for the spring 1982 semester. Which means that JR would only have been subject to one of his eight semesters--his last one--before graduating in May 1982.



Who's telling lies now? The scary thing is that JR actually gave credit to Reagan for Jimmy Carter's low-interest student loans.



Oh, and if Bush wins this fall: it won't be re-election. You have to win once to be re-elected.

No comments:

Post a Comment