Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's like Memorial Day once a month!
posted by TheDon

Fort Lewis will now hold a memorial service for its fallen soldiers every month. Patriotism! Yeah!

Fort Lewis, which this month has suffered its worst losses of the war, will no longer conduct individual memorial ceremonies for soldiers killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. Instead the post will hold one ceremony for all soldiers killed each month, the Fort Lewis acting commanding general, Brig. Gen. William Troy, wrote in a memo to commanders and staff last week.
Wait. What?!?!? Could there be any stronger indication of just how fucked up things are than this? NO INDIVIDUAL SERVICES?!?!? FOR SOLDIERS KILLED IN WAR?!?!? They have GOT to be kidding.

Give me a moment. I'm going to go pound my head on the wall until this makes sense.
.
.
.
Ok, I understand now. I guess if they still don't have body armor and the right humvees four years into the war, we give them contaminated water, pay them 1/10 of what we pay the mercenaries contractors, we treat the injured soldiers like shit, and there's really no good reason for them to be there, what the hell does a group memorial service add to the outrage? A drop in the ocean. Forget I even mentioned it. I'm sure the media will.

No comments:

Post a Comment