Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Pictures on the Wall



Jon writes to ask:



In the Alberto Gonzales cartoon (12-23-04-C) it appears to me that the picture on the wall closest to

the door is blurred out. Have you been censored? Does the "C" designation mean censored? I'm I just paranoid? As for the content of that blurred frame it appears to be a pyramid of naked hooded detainees, but I might be

wrong. Inquiring minds want to know. If you cannot respond directly to me can you post something on your blog? I'm sure others have noticed. I can't be the only one.




Indeed Jon is not. The photos on Alberto Gonzales' wall are of Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq. The one on the right shows prisoners' hands sticking out through holes in the wall. And no, the "C" doesn't mean censored. I do three syndicated cartoons a week. The date codes are for Thursday of each week; the A goes online Thursday, the B Saturday and the C Monday. (Though you can see them early by subscribing to the Ted Rall Subscription Service; email chet@rall.com if you have $10/year and an email account.)



Column Correction



Morris writes:



Whether it’s your editors or yourself who put this in your column, I just wanted to correct a minor error: Roosevelt’s mansion is in Hyde Park, along the Hudson River. New Hyde Park is a town on Long Island. (I realize this isn’t an earth-shaking matter!) On a more cynical, serious note: I would venture to suggest that all natural disaster head counts (e.g., the Asian tsunamis) have to be higher for Republicans, because they are obliged by their belief system to count the unborn fetuses. I’m surprised that they’re too stupid to ever make an issue of this.




Morris is, of course, correct. New Hyde Park is in Nassau County, Long Island. Hyde Park, FDR's home, is upstate along the Hudson River near Poughkeepsie. I'm still chuckling about the fetus thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment