Friday, December 5, 2003

The Magnus Opus



WAKE UP, YOU'RE LIBERAL: HOW WE CAN TAKE BACK AMERICA FROM THE RIGHT goes to my publisher, Soft Skull Press, on Monday. Light at the end of the tunnel! I just hope it isn't a bullet train.



To tell the truth, I wasn't sure until the last month that this was going to be any good. This is the first time I've ever tried to pull together my political thinking into one coherent text, as well as my first book of prose composed of completely original content--no reprinted columns, nothing that has appeared elsewhere before. Once you get in there with all that raw data, it's hard to see the forest for the trees.



During the last few weeks, however, it came together. I don't know whether people will like it or not--I can never tell that sort of thing--but I'm happy with it. It's the hardest, and one of the most personal, works I've ever done.



Galley review copies of WAKE UP, YOU'RE LIBERAL should be available in January or so. If you're a book critic or editor, please contact courtney@softskull.com to receive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment