Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Down the Spider Hole

C. Rowe reminds me:

I’m glad you keep writing about this issue.
Regarding one comment: “So many of the Administration's "triumphs" have been exposed as frauds that one has to wonder whether that was really Saddam in the spider hole.”
I thought I read it first on your site but I guess not… Anyway I read somewhere that Saddam was not found in that hole; he was found in his house relaxing. If I remember correctly, they staged that hole thing after the capture.


He's almost right. A former U.S. soldier swears Saddam was captured not in the supposed spider hole, but at a friend's home where he fought ferociously until running out of ammo. Sounds more likely, to be sure. Definitive proof is still lacking, but one has to wonder about the apparently drugged condition the Iraqi dictator was in when he was captured on video.

No comments:

Post a Comment