Friday, August 19, 2005

Praise from Overseas, Sort of

Brett says:

I'm an expatriate American here in Japan. I haven't lived in the States for over 9 years. It's been disheartening to watch what's happened in the US the past 5 years, especially the emasculation of our media and the Nero-like attitude of most Americans. We Americans abroad are confronted on a daily basis by the enmity created by Dubya and his minions; while most people are able to separate Americans from Dubya, that became extremely difficult to sell after the last election.
Now, I love my country and I refuse to kowtow and apologize for being an American; I will savage the Bush regime to anyone who wants to confront me about it (which happens all too often these days), but when people start in on Americans in general I push back. Fortunately, I have always been able to rely on your columns and cartoons to prove to people that not all Americans are asleep at the wheel. Thank you for that.
I don't always agree with your views, obviously. I'm not a sycophant! But I have great admiration for the courage you've shown these past 5 years in the face of the relentless onslaught from brain-dead right wing pyschos. Thanks for that.
Your new cartoon with Bush sleeping away counting flag-draped coffins is perfect. When you're good, you're very good. Nice job.


Thanks for getting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment