Thursday, December 8, 2005

Complete Control

FOR Kent writes:

Read your articles all the time and love the web site, I've written before but I just had to chime in about your latest column. I was in the military and while I didn't go to Iraq I have to sympathize with a lot of the folks that are there, yes it is an all volunteer force and GW is an illegitimate president but the American people who are much less restricted (you should see the Uniform Code of Military Justice) didn't stand up and force GW out, what were we supposed to do?


Granted, it's a hard decision. But they could have refused to fightin W's illegal wars.

Also if you try to fight the military system not only are you out of a job, possible jail time and a dishonorable discharge that does not go away. I'm not using it as an excuse I'm just saying that they majority of soldiers (junior enlisted E-1 thru E-4) don't have the life experience to stand up and stop it, most move straight out of Mom and Dad's house and into the Army. It's tough to take a stand against people that have that much control of your life. Anyway keep up the good work and sorry about the rambling.


What you wrote is undeniable. It is damned hard to do the right thing when the penalties are so harsh. But that doesn't change what the right thing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment